[Ndn-interest] Network inconsistency and NLSR sequence numbers

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Aug 22 06:09:22 PDT 2019

Hi Viktor

This is a known problem. NLSR uses three "sequencing files" to record last
sequence numbers across restarts https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1523
. You are supposed to backup and restore these files if you reimage a node,
as part of provisioning process.

I wonder what's NLSR developer's suggestion if a node experienced an
unrecoverable disk failure. NLSR could have inserted a random UUID to its
own name every time it's launched, so that sequencing files are no longer
necessary. Alternatively, we'll need some tools to query the network and
recover sequencing files based on knowledge of other nodes in the network.

Yours, Junxiao