[Ndn-interest] How to automatically make nodes connected after computers restart

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Wed Nov 28 09:34:34 PST 2018

Ashlesh

On 11/28/18 9:02 AM, lxzhao at njnet.edu.cn<mailto:lxzhao at njnet.edu.cn> wrote:

Hi,all

   Thank you for your reading!
   I am encountering some problems when using NFD and NLSR.
   I installed NFD on two computers respectively and each represents a
node. The problems are:

  (1)I modified the NLSR configure files of the two nodes to make the two
nodes connected to each other. But every time I run the applications,
the node named "router1" always reports that "Router's Identity
/ndn/edu/%C1.Router/router1 doesn't exit".

That warning happens when NLSR is run without security setup. Please look at the following for setting up security:

  *   https://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/current/beginners-guide.html#configuring-and-testing-nlsr
  *   https://named-data.net/doc/NLSR/current/SECURITY-CONFIG.html

  (2)I have to make the two nodes actually conntected by using the command
"nfdc face create xxxx" again every time the computers restart. I wonder
whether the nodes can connected automatically after the computers
restart in certain ways, such as modifying the configuration files of
NFD and/or NLSR.

I am not aware of any way except writing your own scripts. It used to be that NLSR created the faces in NFD but this behavior was changed under:

https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/2954

   Look forward to your reply. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Lixia Zhao