[Ndn-interest] Freshness & Latest Content

Urs Schnurrenberger urs.schnurrenberger at unibas.ch
Fri May 4 02:18:58 PDT 2018

Hi Junxiao,

interesting approach. So far, I used mandatory version fields and a reserved version number '-1' that indicates 'latest'. Hence, an Interest with version -1 for the first chunk of a content always gets through to the producer. From the first Data packet, the requester can retrieve the actual latest version number and use it to request the remaining chunks. Of course, this is just a let-it-happen approach and not optimal, especially for contents with few chunks. However, the behavior is the same when using your idea of a zero-length component.

Best regards,
Urs