[Ndn-interest] Freshness & Latest Content

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 3 16:05:26 PDT 2018

Hi Urs

What then happens when the (same as below) Interest

>         /nytimes/frontpage | CanBePrefix=true | MustBeFresh=true
>
> arrives at a cache with the sole content
>
>         /nytimes/frontpage/addBanner/v23 | 60'000ms
>
> ?
>

> According to prefix matching and a positive freshnessPeriod, will I
> receive the addBanner only and never the complete front page?

Yes, the cache will return the /nytimes/frontpage/addBanner/v23 Data.

My old article about web publishing over NDN
https://yoursunny.com/t/2011/ndn-web/ proposed a solution: the Data name
should include an extra component: /nytimes/frontpage/.../v105 (... denotes
a zero-length component, see NDN URI spec). The Interest is then
/nytimes/frontpage/... CanBePrefix=1 MustBeFresh=1, which cannot be
satisfied by /nytimes/frontpage/addBanner/v23.