[Ndn-interest] Ndn-interest Digest, Vol 48, Issue 13

Sushmita Ruj sushmita.ruj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:44:27 PDT 2018

Dear Michael,

Thanks for sharing the synopsis. I haven't read it completely, but I have a
hunch that NDN holds promise for distributed networking and storage like
IPFS. Me and my students have been working at the intersection of
blockchain and storage. At the same time we are also exploring NDN, mostly
the security aspects.

The IP based network layer of distributed storage systems can be replaced
by NDN. One can leverage on the inbuilt security and content caching
available in NDN. I am not sure at this point how all these might work
together, but we have been thinking along these lines. I will be very happy
to discuss about this problem.

Our recent paper "BlockStore: A Secure Decentralized Storage Framework on
Blockchain" (Accepted in IEEE AINA'18) discusses about decentralized
storage. We are working on the full version of the paper which will contain
implementation on Ethereum and pointers to networking issues.  This will be
up soon on Arxiv.

Best Regards,

Sushmita
--
Sushmita Ruj
Assistant Professor

"7. What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence.": Ludwig
Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus