[Ndn-interest] Fixed window size for interests in ndnfs or PyNDN like ndncatchunks

Thompson, Jeff jefft0 at remap.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 28 08:38:04 PDT 2017

Hello Ishita,

In the following project, we implemented a SegmentStream which sends multiple interest for segments and assembles the received segments in order. Here is the method which responds to receiving a new segment:
https://github.com/named-data/PyCNL/blob/master/python/pycnl/segment_stream.py#L140

It uses a utility class which represents the names in a namespace (like the names of segments) and keeps track of whether an interest was sent and the content of the received data packet.
https://github.com/named-data/PyCNL/blob/master/python/pycnl/namespace.py#L32

Here is an example from that project that uses the utility to fetch a file from memoria.ndn.ucla.edu which is running NDNFS.
https://github.com/named-data/PyCNL/blob/master/examples/test_segmented.py#L36

To optimize interest pipeline often depends on the application. For example, the NDN RTC (video streaming) has code to adjust the number of interest based on the video rate, etc.

Thanks,
- Jeff T