[Ndn-interest] Big File Transfer

n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn n.boubakr at bit.edu.cn
Wed Apr 19 06:25:01 PDT 2017

Hello,

I was wondering how NDN transfer big files across the network, and how the reliable transfer protocol has been implemented in NDN. What about all TCP functionalities, or does NDN natively supports them!

Also, in case of segmentation, does PIT table records names of each segment, or only the whole name of Interest before the segmentation? If it’s the point, should the consumer send an Interest for each segment (looks like the session in TCP)?

I hope to clarify the points that I’m wrong on.

Boubakr NOUR (Ph.D Student)
Beijing Institute of Technology