[Ndn-interest] Mobility support on technical report + Signature infrastructure NDN

Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet mhasabet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 06:55:20 PDT 2016

Hi Matteo,

Delegation names are names/prefixes which the carrying interest will be
forwarded
​towards them at first
.
​ When the interest reaches a delegation name, from there it will be
forwarded by it's name, not the Link anymore.

As an example take an application responsible for me(/sabet) which is
mobile and at the moment is located, or some how can be reached in /eurecom
network.​ For Interersts looking for a data under /sabet prefix (e.g
/sabet/calander/sep23), they should carry a Link object which has /eurecom
as a delegation name. So we will an interest packet(or a set of interests)
which has /sabet/calander/sep23 for its name, and a Link object which has
/eurecom as a delegation is attached
to it(the interest). Routers outside /eurecom network when receive that
interest, will forward it towards /eurecom. When the interest reaches a
router in /eurecom network, then it will be forwarded towards /sabet which
existence of the Link object indicates that /sabet exist in FIB table of
​routers in /eurecom. If application responsible for /sabet moves into
another network (e.g. /ucla) and cannot be accessed in /eurecom, then
Interest should have updated version of Link, which has /ucla as delegation
name, in order to reach /sabet.
Sorry. It seems my example got a bit complicated.
I suggest you to take a look at
http://named-data.net/publications/snamp-ndn-scalability/ for understanding
how Link object is supposed to work and what is its impact on forwarding
process.

Bests,
Sabet