[Ndn-interest] Miscellanous: some problems about "how to start"

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Fri Sep 2 07:51:15 PDT 2016

I can answer the first question:

The Mininet based "simulator", Mini-NDN, is actually an emulator in the sense that it runs actual instances of NFD and NLSR on each node provided by Mininet. As a result it does not scale very well due to CPU requirements. ndnSIM is a simulator based on NS-3 and scales much better.

But Mini-NDN emulations might be more closer to real scenario. Running an NFD based application requires no modification in Mini-NDN, it might require some in ndnSIM.

In Mini-NDN the user can interact with the running topology. Example query nfd-status of a node.

Ashlesh