[Ndn-interest] NDN Protocol Design Principles

Ravi Ravindran ravi.ravindran at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:50:34 PDT 2016

Just to add to this thread about a single network layer, is that network
layer in a provider domain could introduce more service primitives than
what an end point may have. We showed this through the use of
forwarding-label to handle seamless mobility,
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2016/01/14/icnrg/slides/slides-interim-2016-icnrg-1-10.pdf
or service chaining if we want Interest/Data to go through multiple
middle-box services. So in the context of the fixed header and packet
format discussion these possibilities should be considered as well.

Regards,
Ravi