[Ndn-interest] Same LSDB in entire network?

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Thu Jul 21 15:56:04 PDT 2016

Having the same set of LSAs is simply an algorithmic requirement for routing convergence.  What specific security threat do you see this prevents?

Lan

On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Tanusree Chatterjee <tnsr.chatterjee at gmail.com<mailto:tnsr.chatterjee at gmail.com>> wrote:

Thanks for the response. By security, I also meant the digest tree maintained by all the nodes (last version of NLSR) in the entire network must be same as they exchange the root digest while sending interest periodically to each other. So, to do the same each node in the entire network must have the common LSDB.
As a simple scenario of 5 nodes I was running in mini ndn emulator, the nlsrc status of all nodes show the same LSDB, which consists of all the LSAs of each node in the network.