[Ndn-interest] Basic Query about Dual Names for one Content

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Jul 21 00:33:32 PDT 2016

Just to be clear.  There is content (payload) and there is a data packet that carries a payload.  A data packet is unique and has a unique name.  The same content can be carried in different data packets that can have different names, meta information, and signatures.

If there are two producers that can serve data packets under the same prefix, then forwarding system can choose either of them.  If data cannot be retrieved from one, the forwarding may try alternative path.

In my opinion, if an application is designed properly, different producers will use different names for their data.  They can use the common prefix and be alternative suppliers of the data with the common prefix, but there has to be a way to retrieve (identify) a specific piece of data from a specific producer.

I'm not sure which nonce you're referring to.  If you're talking about nonce in  interest packets, then it is used for completely different purpose and not related to data packets.

---
Alex