[Ndn-interest] Basic Query on LSDB

Tanusree Chatterjee tnsr.chatterjee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:49:44 PDT 2016

Hi all,

One thing I am little confused about is that, in NLSR whether it is known
from the LSDB that a particular name prefix is served by which node? So, I
came to know the destination of a content while sending the interest for
it? And when the interest is being sent, the path is known as the
destination is known. But, packets in NDN does not carry source or
destination address.

Or LSDB content only indicates whether at all the requested content is
available in the network? If the content is available then the interest is
just forwarded to the next hop router and/or routers? If it is not then it
is flooded?

Can anyone tell me how does the LSDB in NLSR look like?

Thank you for your attention.

-- Regards,
Tanusree Chatterjee