[Ndn-interest] NDNVideo: Available over NFD?

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun Mar 29 11:05:09 PDT 2015

> On Mar 29, 2015, at 10:20 AM, Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet <M.AbdollahiSabet at mail.sbu.ac.ir> wrote:
>
> Is NDN supposed to have/support fragmentation at all? I mean, recently I saw some presentation slides for icnrg presented by Alex(I guess), in which said fragmentation, if necessary, will be done on the hosts(endpoints).

I believe you are referring to the following presentation:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2015/01/13/icnrg/slides/slides-interim-2015-icnrg-1-15.pdf <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2015/01/13/icnrg/slides/slides-interim-2015-icnrg-1-15.pdf>

It says clearly that, if necessary, NDN network performs packet fragmentation on a hop-by-hop basis (definitely not by “endpoints” — when a consumer retrieves some specific data, they may come from anywhere)

Lixia