[Ndn-interest] Exclude selector

Lee, Jongdeog jlee700 at illinois.EDU
Mon Feb 23 02:31:50 PST 2015

Dear all,

  I have a question on the exclude selector.

  Suppose that a provider has two data objects (/test/A/B, /test/C/D). Now a consumer issues the interest packet with the prefix "/test". Then, the consumer will get "/test/A/B".

  Now the consumer wants to request the next item using the exclude selector.
  The interest would be "/test <exclude=/A/B>". However, the exclude can only specify a single level such as <exclude= A> or <exclude= B> or <exclude= A, B>. Does anybody know how to express two or more levels in exclude? My guess is to use the appendExclude function, but not sure how to use it.

Best,
Jongdeog Lee (JD)

Ph.D. Student
Department of Computer Science