[Ndn-interest] Question regarding setup (ndn-cxx vs. ndn tools)

Matti Lorenzen matti.lorenzen at tum.de
Sun Aug 23 23:17:18 PDT 2015

Hello,

I just started to use NDN, so I installed the 0.3.2 Version
as indicated in http://named-data.net/codebase/platform/
.

I installed all parts as instructed but stumbled upon the
ndn-tlv-ping which is marked as deprecated.

Instead, the installation of ndntools is recommended.

However, the ./waf command (I am running Ubuntu 14.04) fails
as the file ndn-cxx/src/security/signing-helpers.hpp is required. This file is
only in ndn-cxx 0.3.3 on github and not part of the 0.3.2 release. Can I just
use the newer ndn-cxx without any loss of compatability?

Best regards,

Matti Lorenzen

Matti Lorenzen
IAESTE LC München - Outgoing
IAESTE Central European Region - Vice Trainings Coordinator