[Ndn-interest] Security: Privacy of Interest names

Felix Rabe felix at rabe.io
Fri Sep 19 11:01:34 PDT 2014

Hi list

Someone at NDNcomm, maybe it was Steven Dale, raised this issue that I
wonder about as well:

Using SSL, an eavesdropper can see that I connect to the bank and the
amount of information that I exchange, but he cannot see *what*
information I access.

Whereas with NDN, to provide at least as much privacy, the Interest
names would need to be encrypted as well. Is this assumption correct? If
yes, what mechanism does NDN provide for privacy of names in Interests?
If no, enlighten me please :)

- Felix