[Ndn-interest] Error using NDNx C functions

Haroon Rashid haroonr at iiitd.ac.in
Mon Nov 17 09:38:09 PST 2014

Hello All,

Greetings. I am trying to port an application to NDNx platform. Till now I
have only injected code to check whether ndnd is running or not. However, I
am greeted with the following error:

application.o: In function `main':
/home/iiitd/master/src/application.cpp:1788: undefined reference to
`ndn_create()'
/home/iiitd/master/src/coordinator.cpp:1796: undefined reference to
`ndn_connect(ndn*, char const*)'

To give a background reference, I am including ndn header files using
#include<ndn/___>. The problem is that the application only works with
shared dynamic libraries (.so) files whereas NDN has only generated libndn.a
(static library). However, I have compiled the shared library for NDN in
following manner:

ar -x libndn.a
gcc -shared *.o -o libndn.so

This has generated a .so file which I have placed in usr/local/lib. Running
the program again, I am getting the same error.

Is there any other way I can have the shared library for NDNx?