[Ndn-interest] NLSR dissemination of FIB updates

Syed Obaid Amin soamin at memphis.edu
Tue Aug 5 09:45:00 PDT 2014

Hi Salvatore,

Here is a brief history that maybe of interest to you. nlsr for ccnx can be
controlled by CLI or remotely. It does so by listening on a port on which
it accepts commands and process them. The '-p <port number>' switch was
introduced to change the default port on which it listens for this.
nlsr for nfd doesn't support this feature. The consensus was to use
Interest/Data model for the communication between nfd and routing
protocols(like nlsr). Plus, this functionality should be provided to all
routing protocols (not just nlsr). As a result, we added two new commands,
*advertise * and *withdraw* in the RibManager, which will allow to specify
the routing protocol for disseminating the name prefixes. However, these
commands are not supported yet.

Regards,
Obaid