[Mini-NDN] About the Traffic Generator, nHits, nMissed and nEntries

Leanna Vidya Yovita leanna.vidya at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:13:00 PST 2021

Dear all,
I am a newbie in mini-NDN and now still try to understand it.
I have some question about the traffic generator and the log.

1. Before I generated the interest traffic in mini-NDN, I check the status
of CS using "nfdc cs". The nHits and nMissed is not 0. Why? I think the
nHits and nMissed should be 0 before any interest traffic produced.

2. What is nEntries refers to? Why is the value is smaller than
nHits+nMissed?

3. I have used the traffic generator in mini-NDN (using "
ndn-traffic-client.conf.sample and  ndn-traffic-server.conf.sample ").  Is
the sample file generated the CBR request?

4. I have tried to produce interest request for 2 type of content. But
still, there is a lot of missed in router's Content Store. I imagine that
the number of missed request should be very small because the same content
is repeatedly requested, and it already cached in the content store (?)

Please help me. Thank you in advance.

regards,
Leanna