[Mini-NDN] beginner in mini-ndn

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Thu Sep 24 07:03:01 PDT 2020

Begin forwarded message:

From: marwa kareem <m.kareem1305 at coeng.uobaghdad.edu.iq<mailto:m.kareem1305 at coeng.uobaghdad.edu.iq>>
Subject: beginner in mini-ndn
Date: September 24, 2020 at 6:54:33 AM CDT
To: mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu<mailto:mini-ndn at lists.cs.ucla.edu>

Hello mini-ndn team

I'm still a beginner in mini-ndn , I read the documentation and implemented the ping stuff in the command line, but now I'm stuck in the next step, so could you please help me.

1-I want to implement a consumer/producer scenario however I don't know how to begin with that, there is consumer/producer program files in the ndn-cxx folder but i don't know how to use them, I try to run ./build/examples/producer.cpp but it don't work.

2- what is the meaning of  [nodes] section in the default-topology.conf file in mini-ndn, is it a host? If I want to make it a real host/node, how can I do that?

3- how can I add a switch to the default-topology file ?

4- why the switch, the router, is the same in icn/ndn? is it because it deal with names instead of the ip adresses so it doesn't matter if it is a switch or a router?

4- in the attachment image, what is the "ndn router" , Is it the forwarder(nfd) that runs in the node? or is it a real router? a general purpose router? or it is a specific ndn software?

best regards, marwa
[cid:f_kfgr1tu40]