[Mini-NDN] NdnRoutingHelper error in large topologies

Philipp Moll philipp.moll at itec.aau.at
Fri Feb 28 02:29:34 PST 2020

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a MiniNDN scenario evaluation, where I need a
large network topology. I pushed the Geant topology to gerrit yesterday.
This topology has 45 nodes and quite high connectivity between the
nodes. Installing all possible routes with the NdnRoutingHelper takes
about 20 minutes. For me, this is too long when considering that my
actual evaluation only takes 10 minutes.

When restricting the routes to install to the shortest path only to save
time (NdnRoutingHelper.calculateNPossibleRoutes(nFaces=1)), the
computeDijkastra method fails in line 241 when using the Geant topology.

I am not familiar with the ndn_routing_helper code, that's why I'll use
a workaround. But maybe someone who is familiar with the routing-helper
can find the problem's cause.

Thanks,
Philipp