[Mini-NDN] Sending NACKs by application

Matteo Bertolino Matteo.Bertolino at eurecom.fr
Mon Sep 19 02:36:38 PDT 2016

Good morning NDN community.
I'm having some problems on sending NACKs by application.

Briefly, my purpose:  Suppose to have two producers and one consumer,
in the middle a gateway. Both producers P1 and P2 announced the prefix
/some/prefix.  The cost GW - P1 is 10, the cost GW - P2 is 50. Suppose
that the consumer request the file /some/prefix/file1 and that, even
if P1 announced /some/prefix, it has not the file. I would like to
follow a "Best-route" strategy. In this way (I already tested), the
Interest reach just P that does nothing and the timeout expires.

I would continue to use the Best-Route strategy yet, but with the
following modification: when P understand that he has not the file, it
should send a NACK packet with the reason "NoFile" for example. Then,
the modified best-route strategy, will flood the Interest packet on
the remaining interfaces that announced the same prefix.

However, the first step is: sending a NACK packet by my personal cpp
application.
I did not manage to do it because I do not find an example online (actually I
understood nothing of this one
https://github.com/yoursunny/ndn-cxx-ext/blob/master/tools/nack-example-producer.cpp ) and the documentation ( http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-ccl-api/details/network-nack.html ) explains just how to react
NACKs.

Any hints is really appreciated.
Sincerely,
Matteo