[Mini-NDN] Setting Link Bandwidth in minindn

Navdeep Uniyal Navdeep.Uniyal at neclab.eu
Thu Apr 28 02:51:32 PDT 2016

Hi Minindn team,

I was trying to set up the bandwidth of the link in minindn to be in decimal( e.g. 2.5Mb). It throws up an error as it does not accept the float values. I have modified the conf_parser.py file as below:

for arg in args:
            arg_name, arg_value = arg.split('=')
            key = arg_name
            value = arg_value
            if key in ['bw']:
                value = float(value)                        // Earlier it was int(value)
            if key in ['jitter','max_queue_size']:
                value = int(value)

It makes the system accept the float values.
I wanted to know if it is deliberately done to accept only integer values and will it have impact on some other functionality? If not, I guess it would be better to accept float values as bandwidth requirements may differ for experiments and will give more finer granularity.

Thank you,
Best Regards,
Navdeep Uniyal