[Nfd-dev] How to evict a specific item from the content store(nfd:cs)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 30 03:21:46 PST 2018

Hi Junjie

Cs::erase remains unimplemented because there's no use case for that, but it's going to come in a few months. Use the "Watch" button on https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4318 to get notified, and be patient.

Since the above issue is still in design stage, it would be nice for you to describe your use case. Your answers will help the assignee to improve the design.
* Why do you want to erase specific Data?
* What's the calling process? NFD itself (which module?) or an application?
* Are you erasing one entry, or multiple entries under the same prefix?
* Does the calling process knows the exact Data name(s)?
You may answer these questions by REPLY-ALL to this email, or post them on Redmine.

Yours, Junxiao