[Nfd-dev] [Operators] "No buffer space available"

Davide Pesavento davide.pesavento at lip6.fr
Fri Sep 8 06:52:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Dehart, John <jdd at wustl.edu> wrote:

> What is the penalty for running with the versions with debug symbols?

Zero. Debug symbols are not used at runtime. Note that "debug symbols"
!= "compiling in debug mode".

> Should we be doing that at all times or is it a performance killer?

Neither. You should just install the debug symbols when you need them.
Once you're done, you can remove them. The actual nfd binary and
libndn-cxx.so.* shared library are unaffected by the
installation/removal of the debug symbols.

(NB: all of the above assumes that NFD/ndn-cxx were packaged in
release mode with split debug symbols)