[Nfd-dev] nfdc implicit face creation problems

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:31:05 PST 2017

Hi Alex

Under the new proposal, nfdc route add command accepts FaceUri and uses
> that to query an existing face. This should not be considered
> "inter-command dependency", because the operator can simply run "nfdc
> face create udp://hobo.cs.arizona.edu && nfdc route add / udp://
> hobo.cs.arizona.edu" without scraping the output of the first subcommand.
>

> I that case, I don't understand what the question/proposal is really
> about.  Remove faceUri handling for unregister?  unregister doesn't support
> faceUri (per man page) already.
>
> The proposal is about:

   - FaceUri is accepted in most places where FaceId is accepted, including
   but not limited to nfdc face destroy, nfdc route add, nfdc route remove.
   - In these commands, FaceUri can only *reference an existing face* (via
   faces/query operation), it *cannot implicitly create* a new face.

Also, old nfdc register command will remain unchanged until its removal.