[Nfd-dev] Installing NFD 0.4.1 strangely increase CPU workload

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Apr 25 06:43:41 PDT 2016

Hi Yudi

I suspect some program is dynamically linked to an older ndn-cxx library that has been removed during the upgrade. When that program is setup as a system service, it would constantly crash and get restarted, causing init process to take all  CPU. This problem has caused headache on my servers with unattended upgrades.

My suggestion is: (1) upgrade all NDN software from PPA at the same time (eg ndn-tools), don't mix versions (2) link your own programs statically to ndn-cxx, so unattended upgrade won't accidentally break your program.

Yours, Junxiao