[Nfd-dev] review request: NDNLPv2 NACK, Fragmentation, LocalControlHeader

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 28 14:20:11 PDT 2015

Hi Klaus

Thanks for your detailed review.

WiFi
Yes, NDNLPv2 will work on all links including wireless links.
I didn't specifically mention WiFi because most WiFi links are emulating
Ethernet, and there's no difference from software perspective.

Unknown Fields
Excerpt from NDNLPv2_20150513.pptx
<http://redmine.named-data.net/attachments/download/327/NDNLPv2_20150513.pptx>
page
27:

Rationale: NdnlpPacket is hop-by-hop. It's feasible to ensure everyone to
understand all fields.

Ignoring an unknown field will cause incorrect operations, see #2520
note-11.

NACK means "negative acknowledgment"
Agreed.

Local Cache Policy
CachingPolicy field is neither cache decision policy nor cache replacement
policy.
It indicates a suggestion to ContentStore about one specific Data. This
point is already made explicit in "whether and how to cache a Data packet",
but I should use "the" instead of "a" to clarify, or add another sentence.
See NDNLPv2_20150513.pptx
<http://redmine.named-data.net/attachments/download/327/NDNLPv2_20150513.pptx>
page
72 on other values in the plan.

Reliability Improvement
This is in the plan but not in this spec.

I'll also consider minor suggestions in the PDF.

Yours, Junxiao