[Nfd-dev] Strategy Namespace Association

Steve DiBenedetto dibenede at cs.colostate.edu
Wed Jul 8 05:02:44 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Navdeep Uniyal <navdeep.uniyal at neclab.eu>
wrote:

>  Is it possible to have forwarding strategy installed which is not based
> on particular namespace but should work for all the namespaces dynamically
> in general. As in strategy choice table will it require to insert a new
> entry or should I experiment with changing the default strategy?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Navdeep Uniyal
>
> Intern
>
> NEC Europe Ltd.
>
> NEC Laboratories Europe

The effective strategy for a prefix is the one that has been explicitly set
for it, or failing that, the first parent that has been explicitly set. The
default strategy specifies what root (/) is set to and acts as the anchor.
I think changing the default will give you what you want, but be aware that
it will be overridden in a given subtree once something else is explicitly
set.