[Nfd-dev] Unicast communication in a distributed application in NDN paradigm

Steve DiBenedetto dibenede at cs.colostate.edu
Wed Oct 22 06:42:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have not read these specific papers, but I recall their topics being similar to what you’re after:

http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/nomen13.pdf
http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/TRlighting.pdf <http://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/TRlighting.pdf>

In the past, I think we (the project) have discussed how NDN provides a superset of IP’s capabilities. If you really need point to point, there are mechanisms to get there. As you suggested, using a name that uniquely identifies an endpoint is something in that direction. Encrypting the Interest’s name and the Data response can further lock things down.

**However**, it sounds like you are questioning whether or not this is the communication model you really want. We may be able to offer some suggestions if you can describe the application.

-Steve