[Nfd-dev] Unicast communication in a distributed application in NDN paradigm

Haroon Rashid haroonr at iiitd.ac.in
Wed Oct 22 04:16:56 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I am planning to develop a distributed application using NDN paradigm. In
this application, each machine should be able to do unicast communication
and should not use shared memory (like ccnsync/chronosync). If I am
correct, we already have a distributed NDN-chat application which is of
broadcast nature (because message written in a namespace gets broadcasted
to all members in the same namespace) and hence it uses the shared memory
concept. Is there any other distributed application in NDN where unicast
communication is supported? If not, how Can I achieve the same in NDN?
Should I put the name of the target machine in the Interest packet (name)
itself for facilitating such communication? But, would that will not change
the basic architecture of NDN/CCN paradigm?

--
Haroon Rashid