[Nfd-dev] ndd-cxx vs. ndn-cpp and consumer producer example

Haroon Rashid haroonr at iiitd.ac.in
Mon Oct 20 00:17:05 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

>From past one week, I am trying to learn NDN application development using
NFD. I have certain queries and I am facing some problems in the same as:

With NFD, should I use ndn-cxx or ndn-cpp for application development? I am
not getting the clear difference between ndn-cxx and ndn-cpp. Can anyone
explain me when should I use ndn-cxx over ndn-cpp or use ndn-cpp over ndn-
cxx?
 I am facing a problem with ndn-cxx while running consumer-producer
example. Whenever I type on terminal ./build/examples/producer I get the
following output
 -- ERRBOR: SecPublicInfoSqlite3::getCertificate  certificate does not exist

 What should I do to get rid of this error?

Another experiment I am trying is to run producer consumer example on two
machines by running consumer on machine/laptop A and producer on machine B.
Both of these laptops are connected on LAN.
On both of the laptops(A and B) NFD is installed and is running. I am using
following steps to run the above example:

Step1:
on A: nfdc register /ndn udp://192.168.32.11(ip address of B)
on B: nfdc register /ndn udp://192.168.32.15(ip address of A)

 Step2:
 In consumer.cpp, I changed following lines
    setscope changed to 2
    interest name changed to "/ndn/example/testApp/..."

 In producer.cpp, following line changed
    interestFilter changed to "/ndn/example/..."
step3:
1. compiled both consumer.cpp and producer.cpp successfully on repective
laptops
2. Run producer with ./build/examples/producer on machine A and run
consumer with ./build/examples/consumer on machine B.
with the run of consumer on B, after sometime it shows TimeOut.
 I am not getting why it is showing Timeout since everything is configured
correctly. Can anyone help me to find out the issue with this example?

 Thanking you

--
Haroon Rashid