[Nfd-dev] Fwd: License boilerplate for code imported from NFD to ndn-cxx

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Oct 12 16:49:09 PDT 2014

Hi Davide

Developers are not lawyers. License is to be interpreted by a lawyer.
Requiring consulting a lawyer every time importing NFD code is
counter-productive.
The guideline should be some mechanical steps that developers could easily
follow.

Note the scope of this discussion is specifically for importing code from
NFD, and probably NLSR and repo-ng.
I agree that importing code from an external project should involve
consulting with a lawyer.

Yours, Junxiao