[Nfd-dev] [Ndn-interest] NDN link protocol

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 10 08:19:54 PDT 2014

Hi Dave

The scenario is: switches understand Names, NICs understand Names.

When an Interest / Data arrives at a NIC but the host is not listening to
this Name prefix, the NIC should drop or NACK the packet, without waking up
rest of the PC.

We have high-end home routers running NFD. They have enough memory to keep
a PIT.

Wireless is a scenario I haven't studied much about. I'll be sure to look
up the terms you mentioned.

Yours, Junxiao