[Nfd-dev] comments for the nfd doc

Ilya Moiseenko iliamo at ucla.edu
Thu Jun 19 13:11:02 PDT 2014

I’ve read first 22 pages, here are my corrections/suggestions.
Will send the rest tomorrow.

Page 4
“diverse experimentation of NDN technology” of -> with
“These include hash computation routines, DNS resolver” DNS resolver ??
“different lower level transport mechanisms” various lower level transports
“StrategyChoice” Strategy Choice Table (SCT)

Page 6
“a local endpoint and a peer” ?? What is a local endpoint? Text should be more clear: 1) node to node, 2) app to node, 3) node to broadcast medium

Page 7
“When a peer makes a connection to a local endpoint” ? When local app connects to its face? Writing is obscure, because previously peer was defined as an app or a node, but node can connect only to remote endpoints.

Page 10
“return value is a FIB entry that”  that -> such that
“and remove NextHop” -> removes
“The FIB is updated only through management. FIB manager (Section 6.1.1) is directly responsible for updating the FIB.” Both sentences have the same meaning. Remove one.
“configured by operation” ?? you mean manually ?

Page 13
"collection of PIT entries which that “  which or that pick one

Page 15
“StrategyChoice” Strategy Choice = common name inconsistency

Page 17
“loopup/insertion” lookup
“FIB/PIT/StrategyChoice/Measurement” -> does not fit by width, replace / with ,
“full enumerate” full enumeration
“partial enumerate” partial enumeration

Page 19
“ContentStore” Content Store