[Nfd-dev] Small branching policy change for NFD and ndn-cxx (proposal)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:10:34 PDT 2014

Dear folks

As I understand, the git flow model + change of master role results in the
following:

* releases are tagged, and also have branches with prefix "release-"
* features need feature branches
* feature branches are merged into master branch, which reflects latest
developments

This differs from current practice in that:

* release branches add "release-" prefix
* feature branches are used

I agree with adding a "release-" prefix to release branches.

I disagree with using feature branches, because merging conflicts would be
a problem.
Every Change should still target to master branch.

Yours, Junxiao