[Nfd-dev] Small branching policy change for NFD and ndn-cxx (proposal)

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Wed Jul 16 14:00:52 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

I have a proposal to slightly modify the current policy for branching in our repos to partially match the git flow model described http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/.

The part I'm not entirely agreeing with is the role that devoted to master branch in this model: it always points to the latest release.  Personally, 'master' branch for me is the place for development, while there could be other "release" branch to track latest releases.   The rest of the workflow generally follows what we have been doing in the past, just formalized operations a little.

If agreed, I will create "release-0.2.0" branch in both repos that will fix all the features for the upcoming release.  All pending/approved commits on gerrit then can be merged into master, which will track further development.

Any objections?

---