[Nfd-dev] Details about available forwarding strategies

Syed Obaid Amin obaidasyed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:34:34 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Junxiao Shi <shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Obaid
>
> nfd.conf is designed to contain only those settings that are unlikely to
> change during runtime.
> Therefore, strategy choice, face, and RIB are only configurable through
> nfdc or its underlying protocol.
>
> You can write a bash script that invokes nfd-start and then executes
> initialization commands such as adding face and setting strategy.

Yes, thats what I am doing right now but found the following in
nfd.conf.sample so thought that there might be a way to specify it in the
conf file as well.

; The tables section configures the CS, PIT, FIB, Strategy Choice, and
Measurements
tables
{
; ContentStore size limit in number of packets
; default is 65536, about 500MB with 8KB packet size
cs_max_packets 65536
}

Thanks,
Obaid