[Nfd-dev] new draft for public announcement

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Aug 24 13:22:06 PDT 2014

Thanks Christos and Davide!

I still want to include link to the release html page a first thing in the email.  Otherwise people would have to read through the email to get it (and since they may get tired and never get to more detailed page :-))

On Aug 24, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Davide Pesavento <davide.pesavento at lip6.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Christos Papadopoulos
> <christos at cs.colostate.edu> wrote:
>> I shortened it a bit.
>>
>> Christos.
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the initial public release (version 0.2.0) of the
>
> Someone will be wondering why the "initial public release" is version
> 0.2 and not 0.1. Is it worth explaining why in a footnote?

I think if people would check release notes on NFD homepage, then they would get the idea.  We could add extra bullet about this, but I don't think we need extra explanation.