[ndnSIM] Fwd: Adding new fields in interest packets

Anantha krishnan saji ananthakrishnan190 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 21:05:14 PST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Anantha krishnan saji <ananthakrishnan190 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: [ndnSIM] Adding new fields in interest packets
To: Spyridon Mastorakis <smastorakis at unomaha.edu>

Hello all,
Thank you for the kind reply. I created a tag which carries a ndn::Name.
There is no compilation error and there is no run time error. But the
packets are not reaching producer. If I run the ndn-simple.cpp example,
Interest packets go from node 0 to node 1. But interest packets are dropped
at node1. If I change the data type in my tag to uint64_t it works. With
the data type ndn::Name its not working.

The new tag I created carries a ndn::Name. The interest packets are getting
dropped because this new tag is neither recognized nor can be ignored.
This is the log message:
"+1.010456000s 1 ndn-cxx.nfd.GenericLinkService:doReceivePacket():
[id=257,local=netdev://[00:00:00:00:00:02],remote=netdev://[00:00:00:00:00:01]]
*packet parse error (unrecognized field 7 cannot be ignored): DROP*"

>From the log message, what I understand is that ndn::Name is an
unrecognized field. I need to make this field recognized or ignore this
field.
I followed instructions in this link
https://lo.calho.st/posts/ndnsim-custom-fields/ to ignore the tag. But, the
tlv type that is making problems here is tlv type of the ndn::Name (7) and
I think changing this type is not the correct way of solving this. Is it
possible to ignore my tag or make the tag recognized?

Thanks and regards,
Ananthakrishnan S