[Ndn-interest] Type value 0x1e assigned twice?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jan 26 07:08:29 PST 2018

Hi Claudio

When I assigned a number for ForwardingHint, the range of reserved numbers
was up to 29 (decimal), so I naturally gave it 30. LinkPreference was
assigned prior to that, but its number was not a reserved number at the
time. That's how duplicate numbers came into existence.
I do not consider this situation a mistake. Having the same number for
ForwardingHint and LinkPreference would not lead into ambiguity, because
they can never appear on the same level. It's just an annoyance when making
a parser (#4185-2 <https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/4185#note-2>).

Yours, Junxiao