[Ndn-interest] [NDN-TR] NDN-0053 revision 1: A Survey of Distributed Dataset Synchronization in Named Data Networking

Alex Afanasyev aa at cs.ucla.edu
Mon May 15 18:42:21 PDT 2017

A new NDN Technical Report (initial revision) is now available on NDN website.
Comments and suggestions are highly welcome.

  Title         : A Survey of Distributed Dataset Synchronization in Named Data Networking
  Authors       : Wentao Shang, Yingdi Yu, Lijing Wang, Alexander Afanasyev, and Lixia Zhang
  Number        : NDN-0053
  Revision      : 1
  Revision Date : May 15, 2017

Abstract:
   Distributed synchronization of a shared dataset (sync for short) provides a
   powerful abstraction for connection-agnostic multi-party communication in
   NDN. In recent years, several sync protocols have been proposed, each
   featuring different design choices in data naming, namespace representation,
   and state propagation mechanisms, which lead to different design
   tradeoffs. In this report, we survey these protocols and, through detailed
   analysis and side-by-side comparisons, highlight their commonalities and
   fundamental differences. We also articulate the remaining issues that must be
   addressed to make the sync protocols available to all applications, shedding
   the light on future work directions in this important area of NDN
   architecture research.

Information page for this TR:
   https://named-data.net/publications/techreports/ndn-0053-1-sync-survey/

Direct link to PDF: