[Ndn-interest] Prefix registration in wireless

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 20 00:03:23 PDT 2017

looks like no one has responded here, let me just throw in a few quick words:

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 12:13 PM, Adhy Satya <adhysatya820 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Until now I couldn't find an answer for this question. I understand that NFD was developed for wired scenarios, but can be also used in the wireless scenario by allowing outgoing packets on the incoming faces.

regarding the issue of allowing an interest packet going in/out the same interface: yes, this has been a long recognized need from the earlier work on vehicle networking led by Prof. Giovanni Pau (you can find a few papers on this work if you just search his name on NDN publication list).

I recall this was discussed multiple times in NFD calls, though I lost track of the latest status on the implementations.  Alex and Junxiao?

Regarding another issue raised in your earlier msg (In a wireless mesh scenario, how does NFD populate the RIB): there are multiple solutions, depending on specific app scenarios, some may fit better than others
- the vehicle networking papers develop some solutions
- Beichuan's group has done work with name/prefix discovery, you probably can find some paper from NDN publications
- there is also ongoing implementation (no publication yet) using geo location based forwarding for rooftop mesh network