[Ndn-interest] Prefix registration in wireless

Adhy Satya adhysatya820 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:13:24 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Until now I couldn't find an answer for this question. I understand that
NFD was developed for wired scenarios, but can be also used in the wireless
scenario by allowing outgoing packets on the incoming faces.

In my current scenario, I pre-register the prefixes and faces using the
"nfdc register" command (I'm using NFD 0.5.0). In the event of a new node
joining the network, does it need to register the remote faces in order to
start communicating? Is there a workaround/node discovery service in NFD?

Thank you