[Ndn-interest] Delay forwarding in fw strategy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 13 13:45:27 PDT 2017

Hi Adhy

The method to delay Interest forwarding is explained in this answer: http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2017-July/003952.html <http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2017-July/003952.html>
Forwarding strategy does not have control over Data forwarding nor can it delay Data forwarding. The reason is explained in this answer: http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2017-July/003961.html <http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndnsim/2017-July/003961.html>
Also, you need to ensure your Interest name (including any “extra name components”) is a prefix of the Data name. Otherwise, Data does not satisfy Interest and will not be received by the consumer.

Yours, Junxiao