[Ndn-interest] Sending NACKs with ndn-cpp

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 12 15:58:21 PDT 2016

Hi JeffT

I have a temperature sensor based on ESP8266 microcontroller. It uses
ndn-cpp-lite, connects to a remote forwarder over TCP, and acts as a
producer.
The ESP8266, clocked at 80MHz, has limited signing capability. It can sign
or verify 8 ECDSA signatures per second.
If Interests are arriving too fast, I want to be able to send a
NetworkNack-Congestion so that the remote forwarder can forward less
Interests to the sensor.
An application Nack cannot fulfill this purpose because it still requires a
signature. Allowing the Interests to time out increases overhead at the
remote forwarder because PIT entries stay longer.

Yours, Junxiao