[Ndn-interest] Scope of Link object?

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 23 14:53:32 PDT 2016

> On May 23, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Muhammad Hosain Abdollahi Sabet <mhasabet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Alex,
>
> So, the one thing we are sure about, is that Forwarding Hint should be globally routable. It means at least the first two components of it, should be available in DFZ. Is that correct?

the forwarding hint (LINK) should be able to find a match from FIB; there isn't any specific limit on the number of components.

> I'm not looking for this one right now, but I'm curios. When you say Link could point to a network, how could one locate that network if it is available in more that one topologic location. Take /google as an example.

if you use the word "topological" (not geographical): network topology is not equivalent to locations.
if the prefix "/google" is announced into the network from multiple places, then a router simply steers interests "/google" prefix (in its name or LINK) toward the nearest carrying announcement location (assuming best path strategy).