[Ndn-interest] NDN protocol principles: no privacy?

Ignacio.Solis at parc.com Ignacio.Solis at parc.com
Mon Mar 14 10:52:47 PDT 2016

On 3/14/16, 9:34 AM, "Ndn-interest on behalf of GTS" <ndn-interest-bounces at lists.cs.ucla.edu on behalf of gts at ics.uci.edu> wrote:

>Without caching, destination addresses in interests would be
>unavoidable. And, without PIT-s, source
>addresses in interests (and destination addresses in content packets)
>would be needed.

Since we started nitpicking...

We don’t specifically need the current structure of PITs, we need some state at the routers to avoid source addresses in interests. Also, to go even further, even if we had to put source addresses in [some] interests, that doesn’t mean that they have to be in the clear.

I’m also not sure how to follow that caching specifically is what allows us to avoid destination addresses.

Nacho