[Ndn-interest] any comments on naming convention?

Massimo Gallo massimo.gallo at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Sep 17 03:02:26 PDT 2014

The why is simple:

You use a lot of "generic component type" and very few "specific
component type". You are imposing types for every component in order to
handle few exceptions (segmentation, etc..). You create a rule (specify
the component's type ) to handle exceptions!

I would prefer not to have typed components. Instead I would prefer to
have the name as simple sequence bytes with a field separator. Then,
outside the name, if you have some components that could be used at
network layer (e.g. a TLV field), you simply need something that
indicates which is the offset allowing you to retrieve the version,
segment, etc in the name...

Max